- 1 (18.25- ounce) box of white cake mix
- 1 (3-ounce) box of strawberry flavoured instant gelatin
- 1 (15-ounce) package of frozen strawberries in syrup that have been thawed and pureed.
- 4 large sized eggs
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of water
For the strawberry cream cheese frosting:
- 1/4 cup of softened butter
- 1 (8-OUNCE) softened packaged cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of strawberry puree
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 7 cups of confectioners’ sugar
- freshly sliced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 3 (12-cup) muffins pans with their respective cupcake papers.
- In one bowl, combine the cake mix and gelatin. Add in the pureed strawberries, eggs, oil, and water then beat the mixture altogether at medium speed with the use of an electric mixer until it becomes smooth.
- Start dividing the batter evenly among the cupcake tins by filling them at about 2/3 each. Bake for20 minutes and turning the pans once, halfway through the baking process. Test the cupcakes with a toothpick to see if it is baked. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely before you start frosting.
- In making the frosting: In one bowl, beat altogether the butter and cream cheese at medium speed with the use of an electric mixer until it becomes creamy. Beat in about 1/4 cup of the strawberry puree along with the vanilla extract. Gradually add in theconfectioners’ sugar, beating the mixture thoroughly until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Start frosting the cupcakes using a butter knife or spatula, or pipe in the frosting. Garnish with fresh strawberries per cupcake.
You can find the original recipe here.