For the cupcakes:
1 box of devil’s food cake mix with pudding
1 package (3 oz) of 24-cube sliced cream cheese
For the frosting:
1 jar (7 oz) of marshmallow creme
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit . Place the paper baking cup in each of the prepared regular-size muffin cups. In one bowl, beat the cake mix, water, oil, sour cream and eggs with electric mixer on low speed for half a minute, then on medium speed for a few minutes, scraping bowl every now and then.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Place 1 cube of cream cheese at the center of each cupcake; press down into the batter almost to the central portion of the cake.
- Bake for half an hour or until the toothpick inserted near center of the cupcake comes out clean. Then start removing the cupcakes from pan to the cooling racks. Cool completely for half an hour.
- In a non-coated saucepan, mix altogether the sugar, water and egg whites. Cook at low heat, beating continuously using an electric hand mixer running at high speed until soft peaks starts forming. Add in the marshmallow creme; beat until stiff peaks starts forming. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Beat in the vanilla.
- Spread the frosting equally over the cupcakes; sprinkle each with a tablespoon of coconut. Store in the fridge loosely covered.
You can find the original recipe here.