- 2oz (60g) of butter
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1/2oz (15g) of extra butter
- 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line cupcake trays with cake papers.
- Cream altogether the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla essence until creamy.
- Stir in the sifted flour and milk and beat lightly until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Spoon mixture into the cake trays.
- Bake for several minutes.
- Brush the cake tops with melted butter and sprinkle using a combination of sugar and cinnamon.
You can find the original recipe here.